Monday, October 1, 2012

Blueberry Pomegranate Goat Kefir Smoothie

Just when I decided to overhaul our morning routine, several kefir smoothie recipes came out from Redwood Hill Farm. I love the pumpkin pie smoothie but today I made a batch of my hubby's favorite one: the blueberry pomegranate kefir smoothie. I used POM's juice with frozen wild blueberries from Trader Joe's.
This week my Redwood Hill Farm & Creamery giveaway begins! You can win: an eco-friendly insulated tote bag (awesome for keeping groceries cold), a 1gig USB key, 2 32-oz bottles of Redwood Hill Farm Kefir, 6 6-oz cups Redwood Hill Farm Goat yogurts, and more. ($75 value package) For those of you that need the lactose-free yummies, just note that and you'll win the Green Valley kefir and yogurt. Comment on my FB page if you're in!

Brainy Blueberry Smoothie
  • 1/2 cup Redwood Hill Farm Plain Kefir
  • 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened blueberry, pomegranate, or orange juice
  • 1/2 medium fresh or frozen banana
  • 2 Tbs. walnuts (about 6 halves)
  • 1/2 cup ice cubes, adjust to reach desired consistency
Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
Makes one smoothie (approx. 10 oz.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Food and Wine Mavens Design by Insight © 2009