Monday, March 8, 2010

Explore Caribbean Food with The Evil Jerk Cart Lady




 Well I started Evil Jerk Cart because my family's from the Caribbean and there's no Caribbean food in the city.

So I used to make it when I was homesick, and then I started making it for parties, and then I kind of figured 'well, let me see if I can take it to the street and see if anybody's interested.'

It's been great. I've been doing it for 5 months. It's nice to share my culture with everyone...the food...and just enjoy the San Francisco street culture.

Food and Wine Maven: And tell us what you have today...you have the jerk chicken?
EvilJerkCart: Yes, I have jerk chicken. I always have coconut rice and peas. I have an Ital vegan stew. There are always vegan options. I also have some eschoviche fish, which is like a fried tilapia with seasonings, onions, peppers, and some scotch bonnets so it has a nice kick to it.

Food and Wine Maven: Thank you so much!
EvilJerkCart: Sure.


eviljerkcart evil jerk cart caribbean food san francisco street food cart lisetteeviljerkcart evil jerk cart caribbean food san francisco street food cart lisette

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Food and Wine Mavens Design by Insight © 2009