Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Getting Creative with Wine Crates

Despite the fact that our garage is stacked floor-to-ceiling with stuff, my husband still collects wooden wine crates. I can't blame him because they're kind of romantic.

The tops usually slide open but sometimes they're on a hinge with briefcase-like locks. They're handsomely branded with the winery's logo. And they are intriguingly appealing for hiding treasure or building something nifty... but what can you build with them?

Last month I visited Hotel Schlüssel on Lake Lucerne in Beckenried, Switzerland. The food was wonderful and it was one of the most enjoyable meals of my visit to Switzerland. For me, one of the many bonuses was the decor's use of wine crates. Hope this gives you some great ideas!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Food and Wine Mavens Design by Insight © 2009